Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Frost Flowers

Around May 27, I started a new project. This will be a lace cardigan. The pattern is from Barbara Walkers "A Treasure of Knitting Patterns".  I was at a luncheon when one of the ladies walker in wearing this beautiful cardigan and as soon as I saw it I recognized the stitch pattern as Frost flowers.  It had an edging at the bottom where the pattern was knit in the horizontal sewn to the body of the sweater.  I did not see the front of the sweater until after the luncheon which had a different stitch pattern around the front of the cardigan until the end of the luncheon when I checked it out a bit better.  The closest design that I could come up with was Checkered Acres also in the same book.  I may add a few more rows than the original pattern which is a 16 row repeat I may do a 20 or a 24 row repeat not sure yet. time will tell. 

As of today I am almost finished with the edging. Once I am finished with the edging (I only have about 3 more pattern repeat to do) I will pick up the stitches for the body of the sweater and work the fronts and back at the same time until I get to the armholes.  The sleeves I will attempt to do from the top down if the pattern works out correctly. 

Finally I will work the shawl type collar and attach it to the edging and body of the cardigan as I go along.  Well I better get back to work so that I can finished this in a fairly reasonable amount of time.


The photo shows what I had completed by 5/31, however, on 6/3 I had completed 10 repeats of the pattern and frogged the entire thing as I did not like the way it was turning out on the edges.  As of today I 12 pattern repeats i need a total of 14.5. Hopefully before I go to bed i will have picked up the stitched I need for the body of the sweater.

No comments: